www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition Empty
PostSubject: 12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition   12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition Icon_minitime1December 15th 2007, 1:24 pm

12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition 703815 This is the final week of competition for our bands as next week "The Next Great American Band" winner will be crowned. I have really enjoyed watching this show and I am hoping that if they have another season, it will be on a night when everyone can experience some of the great talent this show has displayed.

12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition 202658 Dominic Bowden opens the show with his usual welcomes to the audience and judges. We are informed that each of the 3 remaining bands will perform 3 songs tonight and also tells us that next week on the finale some special guests will also be performing. The 3 songs that each band will be doing consists of a judges pick, a show pick and a band pick. Let's get started!

12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition 540629 First up is Denver & The Mile High Orchestra who have shown us some wonderful performances throughout the show. They have definitely brought back the big band sound and while I think the band is awesome, Denver is not always so great vocally however I am sure lots of fans out there will be supporting the career of this group. I have to admit I also will be interested in buying some of their music.

1st song - Judges pick - "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire is chosen by Sheila and it is a good choice. Love EW&F and this band does a good job performing this number. Denver manages to hit the high notes fairly well. John calls them impressive and the other judges agree. My grade: B

2nd song - Show pick - Here the band falters somewhat as Denver goes back to sounding kind of bland as he sings "Vehicle" by the Ides of March. I kept remembering how great Bo Bice was doing this number and sorry but Denver could not even compare. Musically the band sounded quite good. My grade: B-

3rd song - Band pick - Performing their original "The Way You Move Me" they once again show their jazzy side. It is a good song and I could see it being a hit for this group. My grade: B+

12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition 608809 The Clark Brothers take the stage next and I really admire these guys for showing such passion for the music as displayed throughout this competition. I, for one will be a huge supporter of their future success.

1st song - Judges pick - John chooses "If I Could Change The World" by Eric Clapton for them. Musically the band is great but sadly this week Ashley's vocals seem somewhat strained. While I still dig this group I was was not as impressed as I have been with some of their other performances. The judges however give it high praise. My grade: B-

2nd song - Show pick - "Amazed" by Lonestar. I was totally amazed and once again know why I love this group as the performance was done with such heartfelt emotion. John says all the woman will want Ashley after this performance and being a woman I so agree with that statement. My grade: A

3rd song - Band pick - Wow, this group gives a very intense and wild rocking rendition to the gospel number called "This Little Light of Mine - Faith, Faith, Faith". Dicko says he never regrets taking his weekly flights from Australia to see this group perform. My opinion, great song choice as well as a great performance. My grade: A

12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition 473846 I'm in heaven as the last group to make the cut is Six Wire. This group has been the most consistent throughout the show and no matter what they are on my top 10 list of music to buy in the future. Love, love, love this group.

1st song - Judges pick - Great song choice as Dicko chooses "Reeling In The Years" by Steeley Dan. Dicko is now a big fan as the band once again show how tight they are musically. Andy however seems to be holding back somewhat on the vocals but overall a good performance. My grade: B+

2nd song - Show pick - This next song made me feel like the band was singing just to me as they performed "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight" by England Dan & John Ford Coley. Andy loses the guitar and sits on a stool to sing this classic. Great rendition that really impressed not only myself but the judges as well. My grade: A

3rd song - Band pick - With a tribute to the departing Light of Doom, the band starts rocking out to their original "Good To Be Back". They also performed this song during the audition process. I loved it then and love it even more now as they enhauced the performance with their great musicianship and vocals. All the judges gave it a thumbs-up. My grade: A+

Wink A fond farewell goes to Light of Doom as they are the band eliminated this week. I am sure this group will have a big future in the music business as they have been so inspiring with so many of their performances. Great job guys!

12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition 552661 As you probably have guessed I definitely want Six Wire to win it all but am also torn because the other 2 groups are so great in many ways. Regardless, I so am glad I have been exposed to the wonderful talent of these groups and will definitely be interested in their music in the future.

12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition 476592 In closing my re-cap this week I wish each and every one of the final 3 groups lots of luck.

Until next time! 12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition 502784
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-08-04

12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition   12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition Icon_minitime1December 21st 2007, 12:47 pm

Hey CC!! Sorry I've abandoned you 12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition 658170

I too want Six Wire to win it all. I love the Clark Brothers but there is something about Six Wire and I just want them to win santa I was glad to finally hear originals from the bands as I've missed some weeks and usually the ones where they performed an original song.

Tonight is the Finale show and I"m excited about it. bounce

I'll talk to ya after the show 12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition 608809
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit

12/14/07 - Final Week of Competition
Page 1 of 1