www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Queen Week - 12/07/07

Go down 
AuthorMessage
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Queen Week - 12/07/07 Empty
PostSubject: Queen Week - 12/07/07   Queen Week - 12/07/07 Icon_minitime1December 8th 2007, 4:22 pm

Queen Week - 12/07/07 703815 It is Friday and once again our bands will be performing not only a Queen song but also an original which makes me quite happy. I feel the original will definitely show what kind of music we can expect from these groups in the future.

Dominic comes out in a gray suit with another ugly T-shirt underneath the jacket. Also he obviously got a haircut which is too short and overall give him kind of a wierd look. Queen Week - 12/07/07 940198 Come on Dom surely you can find some stylish clothes to wear!

Queen Week - 12/07/07 119509 Okay, as you know the theme this week is Queen and oh how I love this band. One of the biggest bands to top the UK charts for 1300 straight weeks let it be known I think it will be hard for our bands to even compare. Every member of Queen has written more than one chart-topping hit and they were inducted into the "Songwriters Hall of Fame" in 2003. No other band has ever achieved this.

Queen Week - 12/07/07 790790 Each of the bands talk about their homelife in comparision to being in the Los Angeles/Hollywood area before they perform. Definitely each is overwhelmed by hustle and bustle of this area.

Queen Week - 12/07/07 552661 The Clark Brothers are first and have taken Dicko's advice by adding a drummer and a bass player to their group. This was a sound decision as it gave depth to the overall package but it did not steal the thunder from the original 3 members. In a country, very pleasant way they perform the song "These Are The Days of Our Lives" which was actually on the last album that Freddy Mercury sang on entitled "Innuendo" which was released in 1991. The vocals were nicely done until the last line when Ashley yelled the lyric. Regardless the judges loved it. My grade: B+

Razz A real kind of hoedown original by this group entitled "Homestead" comes about once they get to this point of the show. The vocals were a little rough here and there but I must say Ashley is a wiz on that fiddle of his. The country folks will love this. So did John and Sheila but Dicko in spite of liking this group thought the actual song was crap. Oh please, Dicko get a grip! My grade: A-

scratch Light of Doom is next and this very well may be their last week as they decide to do the classic "We Will Rock You". I do not think I have ever heard anyone do justice to this song like Freddy did and LOD failed miserably on this performance. They begin the song with 4 of the members playing big drums as they chant the first line. Then the transition into the actual music becomes a psydelic nightmare that has the vocals and electronic music sounding like a total mess. All of the judges and I agreed this was awful. My grade: D-

Queen Week - 12/07/07 520185 On the original, another bad performance by this group. The song is called "A Matter of Time" which had garbled lyrics and again too much electronic guitar that overwhelmed the whole song. Sadly, I have liked this group in the past but this whole evening of their music was terrible and once again the judges did not care for it. My grade: D

Queen Week - 12/07/07 804172 Yea, the next group up is Six Wire who perform "Fat-Bottomed Girls" in a country rock way. This actually sounded quite good in this fashion with great harmony in the vocals and a perfect choice I think for this band. Each of the judges gave them high marks and I concur. My grade: A

Queen Week - 12/07/07 544942 Their original is called "Go On" and just oozes the passion of someone you love leaving. Wonderful harmony and musicanship which John says will be a hit. Sheila and Dicko are also stoked and can not wait to buy it. Me either, I loved it! I love you My grade: A+

Queen Week - 12/07/07 673541 Denver & The Mile High Orchestra are next. This Christian band loves to tell us of their faith which is okay but enough already. They choose to do a song I was not familiar with called "Sleeping On The Sidewalk". While I do not get it I found out later that this song was actually not a Queen hit but on the album called "Killer Queen: A Tribute" and performed initally by Los Lobos. However, the band did well with this number with Denver showing an edge and even playing the trumpet in the performance. The judges liked it. My grade: B+

Queen Week - 12/07/07 816353 Another good performance as they do their original called "Big White House". It showed off their big band bluesy playing with a decent vocal by Denver. However, I tired of this song quickly as it sounded much like prior performances. The judges liked it however Sheila does mention there was no hook to the song and I sort of agreed. My grade: B+

Mad As you probably have guessed the band leaving this week was Dot, Dot, Dot. I was upset at how this departure was handled as none of the judges said a word to the group and even ruder was the fact that the band themselves were not able to say anything about their future plans as demonstrated in the past with the other leaving bands. Dominic only mentions that the band will be missed. How disrespectful can you get. Anyhoo, I will be looking to see more of this band as they definitely showed such improvement over the course of the show.

Queen Week - 12/07/07 630239 Six Wire and you are my top pick this week!

Queen Week - 12/07/07 486356 Who should go, Light of Doom. Send the kiddies back to their rooms for this awful night of performances.

Very Happy Well gang, that's it for this week.

Queen Week - 12/07/07 502784
Back to top Go down

Queen Week - 12/07/07
Page 1 of 1