www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help around the site

Go down 
+5
Linda
MistyluvsE
Angie
Babygirl
Tink
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tink
Webmaster
Webmaster
Tink

Female Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Help around the site Empty
PostSubject: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 4th 2007, 5:45 pm

With this being a bran new site we expect glitches and problems. We want you to all know that you have a dedicated group of people here to assist at any given time. Please if you are having difficulties, PM one of the Administrators or Webmasters, we are more than glad to assist you in any way we can. 8)
Back to top Go down
Babygirl
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
Babygirl

Female Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 8th 2007, 10:20 pm

I'm having sort of a quirky problem... not sure who to tell about this.

Basically, the site keeps logging me out even when I'm actively navigating around the forums. I'll go to a few pages, and then suddenly the next one I get a message saying that I have to log in to do that. Then I look up and realize that I'm not logged in anymore, and I'm not sure why.

I don't know if other people are having this issue or if it's just me. Help around the site 658170

I've noticed it a lot when I try to use the "View your posts" and other action features, but other times it just seems completely random.

ETA: on the log in page I've always had the box checked to log me in automatically, but that feature isn't working for me either. Other forums don't have that problem, so I don't think it's my computer.... *shrug*
Back to top Go down
http://www.taylormadesoul.com
Tink
Webmaster
Webmaster
Tink

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 9th 2007, 8:48 am

I also have the box checked and it does the same to me. I will look into it and hopefully Jodie or Angie can also contact tech support. I do believe it is an issue with the site. Hopefully have the problem fixed within the next day or so Kate!! Thanks for the heads up!!
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 9th 2007, 1:41 pm

I'm not having this problem, but I'll check into it and have it resolved within the next day or two.

Please let me know if the problem has been resolved. I have been working behind the scenes so it could have been temporary.

I'll let you know Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit
MistyluvsE
Super Mod
Super Mod
MistyluvsE

Female Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 9th 2007, 1:54 pm

I am having the same problem...

kinda weird... Help around the site 78342 ha!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistydawn3
Tink
Webmaster
Webmaster
Tink

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 9th 2007, 2:01 pm

I just PM'ed Angie and we are going to check the settings and then contact Support. I do hope to fix this within a day or so. With New sites there are always small problems, Please bear with us as I am sure we can get this fixed.
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 9th 2007, 3:25 pm

One question....Your Log me in automatically box...It's staying checked for all of you or NOT staying checked?

I agree Misty...weird 'cause it's not happening to me. I've checked all user settings and they're all fine. I'm contacting Support.

I"ll keep you all updated on the issue.
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 9th 2007, 4:54 pm

Here is what I've found out so far.

Make sure that you have cleared your cookies. This is one thing that may be causing the problem.

If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you log in, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university cluster, etc.

When you are inactive for more than 10 minutes, you're logged out, and It looks like at the present time we are unable to change the preset time to longer. I'm still searching for better answers for you guys.

If you are still having problems with the log me in automatically box not staying checked, please let me know. Smile[/img]
Back to top Go down
Babygirl
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
Babygirl

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 9th 2007, 10:03 pm

Angie wrote:
Here is what I've found out so far.

Make sure that you have cleared your cookies. This is one thing that may be causing the problem.

If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you log in, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login. This is not recommended if you access the board from a shared computer, e.g. library, internet cafe, university cluster, etc.

When you are inactive for more than 10 minutes, you're logged out, and It looks like at the present time we are unable to change the preset time to longer. I'm still searching for better answers for you guys.

If you are still having problems with the log me in automatically box not staying checked, please let me know. Smile

That's one of the weird things... the "long me in automatically" box always stays checked, I don't even have to touch it. but I still have to type in my name and password.

And my (possibly separate) other issue about being kicked out while I'm browsing around the site... it doesn't have anything to do with timing out, because I wasn't inactive for more than 10 seconds. I was just looking around, clicking links, and bam! Logged out. Dunno why. *shrugs*

But thanks for looking into all this! I really do appreciate all your time and efforts!!! Help around the site 540629 Help around the site 804172
Back to top Go down
MistyluvsE
Super Mod
Super Mod
MistyluvsE

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 9th 2007, 11:19 pm

MIne is doing the same thing... I will just go from logging on to the new posts and it will log me off...

the remember me box thing is staying on for me too but i still have to log on everytime...

again... WEIRD LOL;)
Back to top Go down
Babygirl
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
Babygirl

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 10th 2007, 7:12 am

MistyluvsE wrote:
MIne is doing the same thing... I will just go from logging on to the new posts and it will log me off...

the remember me box thing is staying on for me too but i still have to log on everytime...

again... WEIRD LOL;)

Hi Misty! I'm Kate, welcome aboard!

I saw that the pics in your siggy weren't showing, so I wanted to give you a quick tip, if ya don't mind... Embarassed

If you go edit your siggy and take out all of the ":9468" that are in there, the pictures should show up. All you need is the [ img ] and [ /img ] or [ b] and [ /b ] (without the spaces). Hope this helps ya! Help around the site 540629
Back to top Go down
Tink
Webmaster
Webmaster
Tink

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 10th 2007, 1:34 pm

My box stays checked and I have to put my log in info in three or four times before it takes it. This is definatly a TECH SUPPORT issue. I also did delete the cookies yesturday. It didn't help. I tried to PM you back Angie but I knda was "busy". We are just know getting power so I couldn't get in touch with you.
Back to top Go down
MistyluvsE
Super Mod
Super Mod
MistyluvsE

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 10th 2007, 1:54 pm

Thanks Kate i have no idea how the numbers got there! It was working yesterday....
Back to top Go down
Babygirl
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
Babygirl

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 10th 2007, 6:11 pm

Thanks again you guys for EVERYTHING! The place looks great! Razz
Back to top Go down
Linda
Super Mod
Super Mod
Linda

Female Number of posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 10th 2007, 6:57 pm

Ok..gonna write in here too..anyone know what we need to get to video E from the TV to get it on the computer as a send space? I'm itchin to get all techy and shit!
Back to top Go down
Babygirl
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
Babygirl

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 10th 2007, 8:40 pm

Dammit. Clicked something by mistake and it kicked me out and I lost my message, lol.

Ok, so.

Most of the time that I seem to be getting kicked out is when I try to use one of the "action" features... like going to my last unread post in a thread, viewing the list of my posts, viewing unanswered posts, etc.

I can click on the action and bring up the list... but when I go to actually click on something in the list and bring the thread up, that's when I'm getting kicked out. And I use those things CONSTANTLY. So that would explain why I feel like I'm getting logged out every time I turn around, lol.

Hope that helps narrow something down for ya guys......

ETA: crap, I just tested it out and now it's backwards!!! I can't click the word "action" to bring up the options... but if I do it from the front page where it says "view unanswered posts" it will work.... Help around the site 891161

I dunno. But my issue seems to have something to do with that stuff... Help around the site 441923
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 10th 2007, 9:26 pm

Okay Kate. I'll check on it and see if the same thing is happening to me too. I don't use those features much. I will also look into what could be causing the problem and hopefully fix it quickly Very Happy

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Help around the site 608809
Back to top Go down
Linda
Super Mod
Super Mod
Linda

Female Number of posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 11th 2007, 7:22 pm

WHAAAA happened in here? Gone for awhile and the picture at the top is changed? Why so..where'd it go?
Back to top Go down
dreamhrt

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 11th 2007, 10:09 pm

ummm Linda... huh???
Signed
Tech Support
Back to top Go down
Babygirl
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
Babygirl

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 11th 2007, 10:59 pm

I also realized that any time I try to refresh a page I get kicked out and returned to the start page. But if I click on "forum" at the top of the page and navigate my way back to the page I was just looking at, it works fine.

Sorry if I bombard you with stuff, but I'm trying to narrow this down to help you guys as much as I can..... Smile
Back to top Go down
love4elliott
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
love4elliott

Female Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 12th 2007, 1:59 am

Hmmm...not sure Linda but i will ask around and see if i can find that out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jidgie
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 12th 2007, 11:49 am

Hey everyone!! Sorry, I didn't abandon you all! I've been dealing with RL stuff instead of E stuff Sad I'll be back later on tonight to deal with the issues you are all having.

As for the banner at the top, we did some redecorating Very Happy

I'll be around tonight so if you need anything just holler or send me a pm!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!! Help around the site 608809
Back to top Go down
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 15th 2007, 11:38 am

Okay this will probably sound like a total computer nerd question which I sort of am. I wanted to post a new topic however for some reason can not figure out how to post the subject of the topic. I feel like such a dummy but if you can help I would certainly appreciate it!

Help around the site 784724
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 15th 2007, 12:20 pm

concertcris wrote:
Okay this will probably sound like a total computer nerd question which I sort of am. I wanted to post a new topic however for some reason can not figure out how to post the subject of the topic. I feel like such a dummy but if you can help I would certainly appreciate it!

First hit the New Topic button. You will then see a long narrow box to type in above the Bold Ital Underl, etc. buttons.

I hope that helped Very Happy
Back to top Go down
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1August 16th 2007, 12:21 pm

Angie wrote:
concertcris wrote:

First hit the New Topic button. You will then see a long narrow box to type in above the Bold Ital Underl, etc. buttons.

I hope that helped Very Happy

Thanks Angie I figured it out. Jeesh, these "golden years" are really taking their toll on me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help around the site   Help around the site Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Help around the site
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next