www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Farr Side: Yamin leads by example

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-08-04

The Farr Side: Yamin leads by example Empty
PostSubject: The Farr Side: Yamin leads by example   The Farr Side: Yamin leads by example Icon_minitime1September 7th 2007, 7:39 am

By David T. Farr
Sturgis Journal
Published: Thursday, September 6, 2007 9:38 PM CDT

Elliott Yamin is becoming like the little engine that could. His indie-released debut CD is nearing the six-month marker and still growing in popularity. That's a good indicator his career will be solid.

If you'll remember, Yamin's CD debuted at No. 3 on Billboard's Top 200 album's chart. The album has remained on the chart ever since, giving Yamin street credibility.

Unless you've been in a coma for the last six months and have not heard this record, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy. You will not be disappointed. There's not a bad song on it.

"Elliott Yamin" has been in my CD player all summer. It gets better the more I hear it and I'm not the only person who says that. Being the music junkie that I am, people often tell me what they're listening to and Yamin comes up in conversation a lot.

It's been cool turning on the radio and hearing his second hit single "Wait For You." It's nice to hear so many different radio formats take to the song, no easy chore for a song from an independent label.

"Wait For You" also found itself on the latest very popular "Now 25: Now That's What I Call Music" collection, which also includes top hits from other artists like Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, Fergie, Pink and Fall Out Boy. Way to go Elliott! That's some pretty impressive company if you ask me. I'm also happy to know that the video for the song is spending it's 8th big week on top of the VH1 Top 20 video countdown.

Yamin has also been a featured guest on "Rachael Ray," and the "VH1 Top 20 Countdown." He'll also be performing Sept. 24 on the ABC Family Channel series "Lincoln Heights."

I'm also eager to hear his Target Holiday CD to be released in the fall.

Success aside, Yamin, a Type 1 diabetic, has made a tremendous impact for diabetes awareness. His story has afforded him the opportunity to be a voice for the 20 million Americans who also live with the disease, including my two nieces.

Yamin is currently serving as the international co-chairperson for the Promise To Remember Me Campaign.

In early August, Yamin and U.S. Representatives from Congress met and spoke about the importance of continued Type 1 diabetes research. The move was to help maintain and secure funding for the necessary research.

Sometimes it takes someone like Yamin to wake people up. He puts a trusted face to the cause.

Knowing this, it's clear to me that Yamin's success is not all about him, nor has it ever been. Instead, it's for those who feel inspired and touched by his message. That's a true idol in my book.

A few celebrities could stand to learn a thing or two from Yamin's incredible journey. He's about as real as real can be.

Yamin is currently on tour in support of his album. On Oct. 8, the tour brings the "American Idol" finalist to The Intersection in downtown Grand Rapids.

David T. Farr is a Journal correspondent. E-mail him at farrboy@hotmail.com.

http://www.sturgisjournal.com/articles/2007/09/06/news/doc46e049e97258c823108438.txt
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: The Farr Side: Yamin leads by example   The Farr Side: Yamin leads by example Icon_minitime1September 8th 2007, 11:23 pm

It is so heart-warming when someone gives real credibility and praises to E's music and also the fact that he is indeed a nice and caring person. Bravo for this great article and thank you so much for posting it!
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: The Farr Side: Yamin leads by example   The Farr Side: Yamin leads by example Icon_minitime1September 9th 2007, 11:48 am

You're welcome! It seems everyone has something nice to say about E these days and I love hearing it over and over!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Farr Side: Yamin leads by example   The Farr Side: Yamin leads by example Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Farr Side: Yamin leads by example
Page 1 of 1