www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recent News of Our Idols

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Recent News of Our Idols Empty
PostSubject: Recent News of Our Idols   Recent News of Our Idols Icon_minitime1January 6th 2008, 5:22 pm

Recent News of Our Idols 703815 In spite of recent events involving J Records I just wanted to remind everyone that we need to keep our support going for our idols. With that in mind thought I would let you know some recent items involving the idols.

Recent News of Our Idols 517794 Clay Aiken is a true humanitarian as recently in his capacity as ambassador to UNICEF he brought some warmth and cheer to 2000 families in Mexico who lost their homes in last month's flooding. He and his family gave up their usual family celebration to help these homeless people. Clay is currently in the process of raising funds to help in the relief of the Tabasco and Chiapas areas of Mexico. Bravo Clay, you are a gem!

Recent News of Our Idols 928806 Belated birthday wishes go to LaToya London who celebrated her 30th birthday on December 28th. After her stint with the Season 3 top 10 tour ended, LaToya signed with Concord Records which garnered her a hit single which soared to #8 on Billboard. In September 2005 she released her debut cd "Love & Life" which was critically acclaimed as a wonderful mixture of R&B, jazz, soul and hip-hop.

In 2006, LaToya who now goes by the name London made her professional stage debut with a starring role in "Beehive". The play was nominated for "Best Ensemble Performance" by the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Awards. She also starred along with fellow idol Fantasia in the role of Nettie in "The Color Purple". Currently she is writing for her new cd and looking for a new label as she has severed her contract with Concord. Best of luck London!

Very Happy Carrie Underwood has been having lots of success in her career with 2 hit albums and a multitude of awards. Recently she was named one of the 25 best-dressed women in 2007 by Elle magazine. Congrats Carrie!

Recent News of Our Idols 406578 Another alumni also recently celebrate her 30th birthday on January 3rd. Kimberley Locke has done well for herself since her Season 2 appearances on American Idol. After the tour she signed with Curb Records which has garnered her 8 Top 20 Adult Contemporary hits and 6 #1 hits across the Billboard charts. Her singles "Change" and Freda Payne's "Band of Gold" are still going strong. She also released a Christmas cd in November, 2007.

She has made several television appearances and was a spokeswoman for a major weight loss company. Due to her successful run on "Celebrity Fit Club" she was able to lose 40 pounds. She also is involved in many different charities in the fight against aids. Great job Kim and belated Happy Birthday wishes to you!

Recent News of Our Idols 804172 Seems in spite of being dropped from J Records Ruben Studdard is not being idle. He has just signed on to join Frenchie Davis and the rest of the cast to tour in the 30th anniversary of the musical "Ain't Misbehavin". The tour will start in November and run until May of 2009. In the meantime, Ruben will be touring and giving concerts in support of his latest cd. Best wishes to our "velvet teddy bear" for continued success!

Recent News of Our Idols 544942 As many of you may have read Season 6 Phil Stacey recently finished his stint with the Navy and moved to Nashville with his family. He was signed by the successful label Lyric Records who also handle the careers of Bucky Covington and Josh Gracin. On Monday, January 7th Phil will be releasing his first single "If You Didn't Love Me" to country radio. His solo cd is slated to be released in April, 2008. Good luck Phil for huge success!

Recent News of Our Idols 473846 For the Ace fans, me being one of them, news is he will be releasing his solo debut cd on his own label in March or April of this new year. He may have more to celebrate as due to his co-writing skills of one of Daughtry's songs, they have been nominated for a Grammy. I can hardly wait to get my hands on this long overdue cd by this very talented guy.

Recent News of Our Idols 557821 I love you Recent News of Our Idols 540629 Last but not least I read on another site that our very own Elliott is one of the many artists that will have a song on the new Randy Jackson cd which is due to come out in February. This is a huge for our E as one of the artists on this cd is none other than Mariah Carey. Congrats to our guy, he so deserves it!

Recent News of Our Idols 509498

Well gang, that's the news for now so have a great week!
Back to top Go down
Linda
Super Mod
Super Mod
Linda

Female Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Recent News of Our Idols   Recent News of Our Idols Icon_minitime1January 7th 2008, 3:28 pm

Wow..thanks for keeping us updated on our guys! (and girls!) I'm very partial to the guys from season 5, but do love Phil, and i"m glad he's got a single coming out.
Also Chris's 28th birthday was Dec. 26.!!!
Back to top Go down
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Recent News of Our Idols   Recent News of Our Idols Icon_minitime1January 7th 2008, 8:44 pm

Recent News of Our Idols 441923 Oops I goofed on mentioning Chris Daughtry's birthday. Sorry Chris fans and thanks for pointing that out Linda.

Recent News of Our Idols 239148 Belated wishes to Chris.

Recent News of Our Idols 747610
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent News of Our Idols   Recent News of Our Idols Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Recent News of Our Idols
Page 1 of 1