www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran Empty
PostSubject: Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran   Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran Icon_minitime1September 24th 2007, 1:22 pm

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070924/20070924005345.html?.v=1

MilkMedia Launches MILK ROCKS!(TM)
Monday September 24, 9:31 am ET
New Program to Reach Up to 36 Million 'Tweens and Teens Daily
MILK ROCKS! Locks Elliott Yamin and BRATZ(TM) for Exciting Sweepstakes
Content from Hilary Duff, Cheetah Girls and Dozens More

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--When school doors opened nationwide, students had a big surprise waiting in the lunchroom: in excess of 20 million milk carton side-panels per day announcing the launch of Milk Rocks!, a new music and action sports entertainment experience. Milk Rocks! has attracted American Idol star Elliott Yamin and Geffen Records' the BRATZ(TM) Motion Picture Soundtrack to the program, along with artists including Hilary Duff, The Cheetah Girls, Mandy Moore, Aly & AJ and more. These "Milk Rockers" will have content such as music and videos hosted on the Milk Rocks! website, www.MilkRocks.com, along with exciting sweepstakes and promotions that let students compete to win fantastic prizes and be the coolest kid in school.

The 2007-2008 school year marks the largest and most viewed in-school program ever for MilkMedia (www.MilkMedia.net), a New York-based company whose milk carton side-panels are lunch-time table-talk in more than 90,000 elementary, middle and high schools nationwide. Milk Rocks! will spread the word on health, nutrition and exercise on up to 24 million branded cartons of milk per day. Directed at 'tweens (ages 9-13) and teens (ages 14-19), Milk Rocks! makes milk "cool for kids" in schools, on the web and in concerts with today's brightest stars. The Milk Rocks! website is expected to draw millions of additional views each month. For this fall alone, Milk Rocks! anticipates its new program to reach up to 36 million students daily in schools nationwide through milk cartons as well as posters, book covers and other fun, kid-friendly materials.

Kicking off the Milk Rocks! activities are two exciting sweepstakes. The Elliott Yamin grand prize winner receives a visit at their school from the singer, along with a special concert ticket pack and signed CDs and posters. Additional winners receive ticket packs, "meet and greets" with Yamin and signed memorabilia. The BRATZ grand prize winner will receive a "wake-up call" from one of the BRATZ, and other winners will get signed soundtracks and memorabilia. These promotions are just the beginning of the unparalleled opportunities that Milk Rocks! offers to the entertainment industry. Past and present companies on board with Milk Rocks! include Disney, ABC, Cartoon Network, Warner Brothers, Fox, Hasbro, Cranium, Ubisoft and Vivendi.

"Milk Rocks! offers an excellent means for music artists and action sports figures to connect with their audience," says Elliott Yamin's manager, Jeff Rabhan of Three Ring Projects. "Milk Rocks! is a natural for an artist like Elliott. It's a great way to reach kids both in and after school."

MilkRocks.com will feature an array of exciting content from up-and-coming and A-list artists, including song downloads, music and sports videos, ringtones, wallpapers, podcasts, games, comics, celebrity features and interviews and other exclusive entertainment.

Milk Rocks! program highlights include:

* MilkRocks.com: The center of the Milk Rocks! universe.
* Milk Rocks! In-School: Milk Rocks! will spread the word on featured artists, sponsors and upcoming promotions on billions of milk cartons, plus lunchroom and locker posters, book covers, banners and in-school contests.
* Milk Rocks! Live: Students enter contests to win concerts for their schools featuring major recording artists, as well as tickets to national tours by emerging musicians.
* Be a Milk Rock Star: Students can compete to be the next Milk Rock Star with major label recording contracts, distribution deals, national tours and radio exposure as prizes. Demo files can be uploaded at MilkRocks.com, with online voting and celebrity judges. A new national Milk Rock Star will be chosen every semester.

There has never been a better time to promote healthy nutrition to kids in a fun way. As childhood obesity and diabetes reach epidemic proportions in the U.S., school administrators are welcoming the Milk Rocks! message and method. "Making pop icons the face of milk consumption, instead of junk food, is very positive for students," says Katie Rogers, Director of Child Nutrition at the Metropolitan School District of Decatur Township. Says Richard Long, CEO of MilkMedia, who pioneered the milk carton program over 10 years ago, "It's hard to spread the word on nutrition and healthy lifestyles without sounding corny or preachy, but Milk Rocks! can positively influence food and beverage choices through music, action sports, games and movies -- all the fun stuff kids can actually relate to."

New Milk Rocks! partner deals are currently in development.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran   Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran Icon_minitime1October 1st 2007, 11:55 am

Official website for Milk Rocks http://milkrocks.com/

I'm trying to figure out how to get my kids schools involved in this. I want Elliott to come back to MN that bad I guess Laughing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit
Elliottfancarry
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member

Female Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran   Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran Icon_minitime1October 2nd 2007, 9:38 am

Angie wrote:
Official website for Milk Rocks http://milkrocks.com/

I'm trying to figure out how to get my kids schools involved in this. I want Elliott to come back to MN that bad I guess Laughing Very Happy

I hope my kids school can get involved too. Elliott needs to come to MN and Iowa don't you think? Smile Love milk here, really should drink just a little more than I do to get my calcium..
Back to top Go down
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran   Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran Icon_minitime1October 2nd 2007, 4:23 pm

Sad Wish I was a kid again back east. Great promotion for milk and also our guy. Kids need to find out what real music is all about instead of some of the stuff that is currently on the radio.

Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran 540629 I applaud E for being involved in this wonderful cause.

Very Happy Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran 502784
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran   Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Elliott to be involved in MILK ROCKS! Progran
Page 1 of 1