www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour Empty
PostSubject: Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour   Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour Icon_minitime1February 9th 2008, 7:43 pm

Okay...so I found some news on Elliott! YAY! I miss him. Going through withdrawals. Again. I've emerged myself in AI Season 7 for the time being Very Happy

From foxbusiness.com

American Idol Finalist Elliott Yamin to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour to Germany, Belgium and the UK in Support of Troops

ARLINGTON, Va., Feb 06, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX

Singer/songwriter Elliott Yamin will journey to Germany, Belgium and the United Kingdom to entertain service members as part of a USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour Feb. 12-21. During his 10-day tour, the former "American Idol" finalist will dazzle troops with his powerful vocals and chart-topping hits. Yamin will also sign autographs, extend America's gratitude and share his experience of life on the road.

Devoted to supporting those serving in the U.S. armed forces, Yamin visited San Diego's North Island Naval Base in June of 2007, where he welcomed home sailors returning from an extended deployment in Iraq. While visiting the installation, he also toured the USS Boxer, ate lunch with service members, listened to stories and expressed his heartfelt thanks to Navy personnel for their dedicated service.

"I'm grateful for the opportunity to travel on a USO entertainment tour," says Yamin. "When I think about how much our men and women in uniform sacrifice and how much courage they possess, it's remarkable. I'm anxious to perform for them, it's the very least I can do."

Proclaimed the "best male vocalist in the history of American Idol" by Simon Cowell, Yamin finished third in the fifth season of "American Idol." Capturing the hearts of millions, in 2007 he signed with Hickory Records and released his debut album "Elliott Yamin." Ranked #3 on the Billboard charts, the CD sold more than 90,000 copies in its first week and spawned such hits as "Movin' On" and "Wait for You." Yamin has accomplished more than most, including coping with near deafness in his right year and Type 1 diabetes. He now tours nonstop and is busy promoting his album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour   Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour Icon_minitime1February 10th 2008, 1:32 pm

Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour 540629 Great article about our Elliott. I miss seeing this great guy also. From what I understand he also will be performing on the Idol Gives Back show this season of American Idol. Looking forward to that segment for sure.

Thanks for posting the article!
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour   Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour Icon_minitime1February 10th 2008, 1:51 pm

I heard that too, but I haven't found information on it. I'm excited about that!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour   Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Elliott to Embark on 10-Day USO Tour
Page 1 of 1