www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Season 7

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Season 7   Season 7 Icon_minitime1January 2nd 2008, 1:54 pm

Season 7 3769 Hi gang, well Season 7 is almost here and I can honestly say I am excited and can hardly wait. Only one thing gets me down and that is the audition process which covers too many nights I think. Sure wish they would cut that part down and show us more of Hollywood week instead.

American Idol website has changed a lot so if you have not seen it, take a look.

Smile I will be doing re-caps of the new season and hope to see many of the gang here giving their comments. I sure wish the show would give us some great new themes instead of their usual fare. I, frankly am sick of hearing two songs that are usually done. One is "A Natural Woman" and the other is "Midnight Train To Georgia". Jeesh, it would be great if they did some of the following:

1. Rock theme - I would love to hear someone sing songs by some of the greats of true rock like Steppenwolf, Aerosmith, Guns N Roses and so many others including the hair bands.

2. Classic R&B - Would love them to do this theme however only specific artists like The Temptations, Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson, Martha & The Vandellas, Fats Domino, etc.

3. Big Band - Lots of great hits from this era and think many could show a different side. Just loved it when Mandisa and Paris did some of these old favorites.

4. Music from 50's & 60's - If they stuck to just these decades they have tons of music that the contestants could choose from. Love to hear music from Elvis, The Beatles, lots of different British artists, Righteous Brothers, etc.

5. Showtunes & Soundtracks - So many to choose from in both of these genres.

6. Country Music - I actually could live without this genre however if they had them do music from some of the greats only such as Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, Conway Twitty, etc, this could be a real highlight.

7. Past idols - I think the contestants should be able to sing songs from so many of the last 6 years and hopefully the judges would not compare them to the original which makes me mad because both Lisa and Lakisha proved you could do a song from a past idol and sound good.

8. Mentors - Last but not least how about the music from some of the mentors of past seasons such as the early music of Rod Stewart, Barry Manilow, Kenny Rodgers, etc. I just loved it when they did the music of Barry Gibb, Bon Jovi and Queen. Definitely a real treat.

Season 7 202658 What are your thoughts on the themes?

Until next time, have a great week!

Season 7 502784
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Season 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 7   Season 7 Icon_minitime1January 2nd 2008, 2:20 pm

I'm so excited for the new season! I actually am opening a new Idol website! I haven't added any content to it yet but I'm looking forward to advertising it in the next few days. I'd love if you stopped by and told your friends. And...tell me what you think of it. Give me suggestions, comments, etc.

Feel free to stop by...nobody there right now, but I wanted to give people another place to go besides the AI boards, which can get a little scary at times Laughing I'll be there this evening adding some things and making a banner to advertise. I want it up by the auditions so we can have chats and stuff during the show for people who can show up.

www.Idol-Unofficial.com

Hope to see you there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit

Season 7
Page 1 of 1