www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08

Go down 
AuthorMessage
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 Empty
PostSubject: It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08   It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 Icon_minitime1April 6th 2008, 5:51 pm

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 703815 Hello all. I know it has been awhile since I last posted. I sure hope all of you are doing well. I figured I would get caught up with some of the idol news. Here goes:

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 119509 Some music news first.

From season 2, 27 year old Josh Gracin just released his sophomore cd entitled "We Weren't Crazy" on April 1st. Not an April Fool's Joke as our guy Josh has had some success in the country field. His first cd quickly went gold and delivered 3 consecutive top 5 singles. Best wishes to him for continued success!

Jon Peter Lewis from season 3 is also having success as his newest cd "Break The Silence" is already on ITunes and will be released to the stores on June 3rd. If you get a chance, give it a listen, it is pretty good as I saw him on TV Guide channel singing one of the songs.

Our own season 6 Phil Stacey will have his solo debut cd out on April 29th. His first single from the album is doing quite well on country radio. It was a joy to see him so happy on last week's snippet on this season's American Idol.

Clay Aiken will also be releasing a new cd called "On My Way Here" on May 6th. The cover of this makes him look so handsome and of course we know our guy Clay is a great singer. I personally can hardly wait for this one.

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 517794 From your fans we salute you 4 guys for lots of great success in your futures!

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 406578 Belated birthday wishes go to Carmen Rasmusen who turned 23 on March 25th. Season 2's Carmen was actually eliminated during the top 100 week of Hollywood however in a shocking move she and 3 other idols were brought back to compete in a wild card episode. Simon picked her as "judge's choice". Going full steam ahead she made it to 6th place and was on the American Idol music cd singing Leanne Rimes "How Do I Live". After the tour, she released an ep by herself entitled "Carmen". She also released a single last April entitled "Nothin Like The Summer". Her debut album was released on ITunes last August. In 2003 she made her acting debut and has also written a book called "Staying In Tune". Good luck and Happy Birthday Carmen!

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 239148 Katharine McPhee also celebrated a birthday on March 25th. She turned 26. Kat has had quite a run since her season 5 runner-up status to adorable Taylor Hicks. In several magazines she was named one of the top 100 picks as the most beautiful woman. Her solo cd debuted at #2 and her first single "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" peaked at #4 on Billboard's Hot Singles chart although it also spent months on the adult contemporary and digital charts. Her acting credits include appearances in "The House Bunny", "The Last Caller" and she will be in the indie film entitled "Success" come this Fall. Married in Feburary, one of her good friends, Kellie Pickler was a bridesmaid. She also sang with Andre Bocelli on 3 of his U.S. concerts. Currently you can catch her in a duet singing "Real Love" with another successful idol Elliott Yamin on the recently released cd Randy Jackson's Music Club, Volume 1. One last note is she is currently working on a new cd with David Foster. Best wishes Katharine!

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 928806 Another season 2 finalist in the form of Trenyce celebrated her 28th birthday on March 31st. She also has had an interesting history with idol. Eliminated during the top 32 contestants, she was brought back as a wild card with her amazing rendition of the Al Green hit "Let's Stay Together". She made it all the way to 5th place on her season. After the tour, she had a bit role in the movie "Beauty Shop" starring Queen Latifah but most of her work has been on television and on the stage. She currently has snippets of new songs on her myspace page so check it out. Happy Birthday Trenyce!

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 614877 As many of you know this coming week is year two of the great charity event "Idol Gives Back". More stars have been added which include Robin Williams, Celine Dion, Forest Whitaker, Dane Cook, Kiefer Sutherland, Jennifer Connolly, Fantasia, Amy Adams and our own dear Elliott Yamin. The money raised go to the following charities: Children's Defense Fund, The Children's Health Fund, The Global Fund to Fight Aids, TB and Malaria, Make it Right, Malaria No More and Save Children's U.S. Programs. A very worthy cause indeed so please donate.

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 779523 Another charity minded girl is Kimberley Locke who made a recent appearance on American Idol singing her latest single "Fall". The one-of-a-kind Siriano creation she wore on the show is being auctioned off on the website "clothesoffourbacks.org". Seems our Kim has been the celebrity Ambassador of Camp Heartland for the last two years. All proceeds will go to this charity who deals with families facing HIV and Aids. Way to go Kim!

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 202658 Well gang, sure have missed chatting with you all and hope to see some of you come on the idol-unofficial website where I do re-caps of the current season of American Idol. Until next time, take care!

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 534172 It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08 502784
Back to top Go down

It's Been Awhile - Idol News - 4/6/08
Page 1 of 1