www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chat Transcript 12-20-2007

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Chat Transcript 12-20-2007 Empty
PostSubject: Chat Transcript 12-20-2007   Chat Transcript 12-20-2007 Icon_minitime1December 20th 2007, 10:06 pm

|: Elliott: Hello everyone! Seasons greetings!
|: *
|: lindagt-guest says: Hey Elliott! I heard you perform Merry Christmas Baby this morning in NYC with the Holiday Express - that's one amazing performance. My question is this - which female artist would you like to record this song (or any duet) with?
|: Elliott: I would have to say Natasha Beddingfield.
|: Vikki-guest113 says: Your new video is on VH1 and surely will be #1. After the USO tour & the JCC {see you there!) what's next? I sure would like to see your next single be one of your R&B songs. Any chance ot that? Take care of yourself and get some rest !
|: Elliott: One Word is an R&B song.
|: What's next? When we get back from the USO tour, I'm going to be in the studio recording my second album.
|: Harleywoman-guest says: Hi Elliott, I have an important question, when are you going to learn how to ride a motorcycle? I know you can do it, I did. LOL
|: Elliott: Hey, Harleywoman! I have no interest in learning to ride a motorcycle. I never have and never will.
|: Georgia-guest says: Elliott, you were beyond amazing singing on the radio this morning. Did you get to spend time with John Mayer and Rob Thomas?
|: P.S. Thanks for the comment on MySpace today.
|: Elliott: I spent more time with Rob then I did with John. I've spent time with both guys before, met them before, I know them.
|: I think John had somewhere to be after the performance. However, Rob and I stayed behind and met and hung out with all the kids there.
|: We had a blast!
|: guest-megan says: would you give any advice to those who struggle in school, but look up to you?
|: Elliott: Yeah, I would say to understand the importance of school. You may not use everything you
|: learn in school, you may not apply it to whatever you do after school. School is a great foundation
|: to learn life lessons and values.
|: And it's hard to realize that when you're young.
|: Debbie-guest says: What was the best gift you every received?
|: Elliott: Probably life. The gift of being born to a loving family.
|: And just having the best friends one can possibly have.
|: And probably my talent.
|: gigi-guest says: HI ELLIOT LOVE YOU AND LOVE THE CD. SO WHEN IS NEXT CD COMING OUT?
|: Elliott: Thank you! We're shooting for the summertime.
|: PoorMe-guest says: Hi Elliott! You really grabbed me by the ears and made me love the song Believe. Who wrote it, and what made you decide to record it?
|: Elliott: I can't remember who wrote it, but I think it was the strong message in the song that grabbed my attention.
|: That's one of my favorite songs to sing live. I'm not a big fan of the recorded version,
|: but it's probably in my top favorite songs to sing live at my concerts.
|: Debbie-guest says: Would you consider performing (doing a duet) with John Legend?
|: Elliott: I would jump at the chance to do that with John Legend. Big fan and big talent, so I would love to work with him.
|: sara216-guest says: hey Elliott, who is your best friend in the whole world?
|: Elliott: My best friend in the whole world is Robert Comer.
|: idoletc-guest says: elliott,what do you hope to get for x-mas?
|: Elliott: Well, I don't celebrate Christmas. I'm going to spend Christmas with my sister, her family,
|: and my mom and my brother. So, we're all going to be together. So, those are my holiday wishes,
|: just to be together with family.
|: Georgia-guest says: Elliott, are you going to do interviews with Ryan Seacrest and/or JoJo soon to promote One Word? I hope so. We vote but we're not sure if the Program Director has even given authorization for them to play One Word.
|: Elliott: I don't think that they're playing it. I talked to Jo Jo a few weeks ago, we're friends and we keep in touch with one another.
|: He's been away on vacation since the 17th I believe (Jo Jo that is). Hopefully, when I get back to LA,
|: I'm still on the road, I'd like to get in there and if anything just hang out with Jo Jo on the air, whether we play the song or not.
|: Debbie-guest says: Would you ever consider moving back to Richmond or VA after you have established yourself as a performer?
|: Elliott: Absolutely.
|: Richmond is so close to my heart and I would love to own a home there some day.
|: chloe-guest says: Elliott, You sounded fantastic this morning at the Blythewood event. Had you rehearsed with Melissa? It sounded great!
|: Elliott: No, that was the first time I had met that group, and they insisted I come join them on stage. I knew
|: the song they were singing, I was already done performing and they asked me to join, so I did.
|: They were all very sweet people. They do a lot of charity events during the holiday season
|: for the homeless, sick children, AIDS patients. If Melissa was the girl I sang with, then she was
|: really sweet we got to talk a bit. We both have a mutual passion for music and I had a great time with those guys.
|: Debbie-guest says: Does it help having your mother out there in LA to keep you grounded?
|: Elliott: Not really simply because I haven't been out in LA for about four months and that's about how long she's been there for.
|: It doesn't matter where my mom is, I'll always be grounded and thankful and grateful for my opportunities.
|: Of course, she certainly helps me feel that way, but I talk to her every day or every other day. I try to
|: keep in touch with her on a daily basis.
|: guest-emmy says: Thank you for exposing me to new music this year as you had Josh Hoge and The Last Goodnight join you on tour. Are there any plans for next year that you are ready to share?
|: Elliott: As far as who's going to be touring with me? Not really sure. Who knows? We may get to join
|: another artist on their tour. Or we may have other artists join us on our tour.
|: Reblecka-guest says: What do you think has been your biggest personal challenge as you navigate your new career?
|: Elliott: Learning how to manage my time wisely. Getting used to the abnormal schedule. And managing my diabetes, of course.
|: grammee-guest says: What are your holiday plans? Maybe a vacation in Hawaii
|: Elliott: Holiday plans are again to spend it with family. And then after the holidays I'm going on vacation.
|: guest-megan says: Hey! If you couldn't had the chance to be in the music business, what would be your next step?
|: Elliott: Probably either teach music to kids or be the world's shortest, smallest NBA player.
|: Debbie-guest says: What do you think about having a calendar created with pictures of you from your AI days/this past year on tour?
|: Elliott: I actually have a calendar that a fan made for me. That would be very endearing to me, it'd be very cool.
|: It's not an official calendar I guess, nevertheless it was very thoughtful. So, sure, it'd be very cool.
|: Yoko-guest says: hi Elliott,I'm Yoko,your Japanese fan who flew to Toronto for your show.The show was fantastic!!BTW,after returning,I had a bad case of jet lag.Didn't you suffered jet lag after your Philippines tour or Live in Malaysia?If so,do you have any tips to get over jet lag?
|: Elliott: Hi Yoko! Or is Siba or Sima? I remember you. Thank you for the photo album you gave me.
|: I'm kind of over jet lag now. I'm very nocturnal, I'm a night person, I come alive at night. I'm
|: like a bat, I sleep during the day unless I have to be awake in the mornings. So, planes have
|: become like taxis for me. I'm always flying and changing time zones. I think I've just gotten used
|: to traveling so time differences don't really effect my clock anymore.
|: I think because of that I don't know I'd be a good person to ask for advice on how to handle that.
|: DoraEllen-guest says: Hi Elliott!! Smile What's your favorite restaurant (hometown and/or one you discovered on the road) and what do you usually order there?
|: Elliott: I'm in Atlanta right now. Whenever I come to Atlanta I like to eat at this diner called Thumbs Up Diner
|: and I usually get the catfish tacos.
|: I didn't get here in time to eat there, they're only open for breakfast and lunch.
|: Hometown, Richmond, VA, one of my favorite restaurants is called The Crazy Greek.
|: DoraEllen-guest says: Elliott, you are amazing live! Do you foresee a live album in the near future?
|: Elliott: Absolutely! We were supposed to record one of my last few shows on this last leg of the tour,
|: and it just fell through it didn't happen. We will definitely be cutting a live album or some live songs soon.
|: By the way, don't forget to check me out on aol.com AOL Sessions on the 21st.
|: guest-kelly says: were you shy in school?
|: Elliott: Yes, very. I was shy in school because I wasn't there much. So, when I decided to show up I always felt like the new kid in class.
|: Denise-guest says: Will your next album also be R&B influenced?
|: Elliott: Yes, absolutely.
|: guest-megan says: what are your top 3 favorite venues to be at?
|: Elliott: #1 would be anywhere in my hometown of Richmond, Virginia.
|: Any arena. And some notable, memorable venues we've played at on tour have been
|: Slim's in San Francisco, The Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA, The Roxy in LA, and basically anywhere there's a crowd.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

PostSubject: Re: Chat Transcript 12-20-2007   Chat Transcript 12-20-2007 Icon_minitime1December 20th 2007, 10:07 pm

|: Debbie-guest says: I was a Champps today and thought about you winning the contest there. Do you get to talk to your old friends much?
|: Elliott: I do, I keep in touch with my friends often.
|: I didn't really have any friends who worked at Champs but I would go there with my friends on karaoke night.
|: chloe-guest says: do you have a holiday tree?
|: Elliott: I do. My girlfriend has her holiday tree up in our apartment.
|: bluesangel-guest says: what advice would you give to someone who has started writing music on getting it heard?
|: Elliott: Well, nowadays with the amount of exposure people can get online, I would suggest not only
|: trying to perform live anywhere, anytime you can but post videos of yourself singing. There's YouTube,
|: MySpace Music, there's so many music outlets these days, so many ways to get yourself heard.
|: These days it's easier to broadcast yourself, so I would use all those different tools as often as possible.
|: A lot of people are becoming discovered through the digital world.
|: emma-guest says: Does anything unexpectedly make you cry? I remember when you met Stevie Wonder; any other times? My dad cries when he hears bagpipes playing. I mean when something touches you that you're not expecting. I'm wondering because from the beginning when I hear your voice, I cry (it doesn't even need to be a sad song - it's just your voice). I mean this in a very good way, but it surprises me.
|: Elliott: I cry sometimes when I listen to Johnny Hathaway sing. His voice moves me to tears, whether it's a sad song.
|: There's something about the connection his voice makes with me, it's very moving.
|: missy-guest says: do you have a girlfriend?
|: Elliott: Yes, I do.
|: katpack1198-guest says: Are you going to be performing anywhere for New Years?
|: Elliott: At this point, more than likely no.
|: But my good friends The Last Good-Night will be playing in LA, we may go out and check out their show.
|: emma-guest says: Do you like Woody Allen comedies? I'm interested in what you find funny - slapslick, irony, etc?
|: Elliott: I like slapstick comedy a lot. And practical comedy, like Jerry Seinfeld and Ray Romano.
|: I'm not too fond of Woody Allen's work.
|: shell-guest says: Any television appearances in the works?
|: Elliott: I'm not really sure, haven't gotten any offers lately. However, there's been some interest
|: for me to do some movies and also Broadway.
|: PoorMe-guest says: Will we be seeing an official Elliott Yamin website in 2008?
|: Elliott: I hope so! I hope to establish an official fan site by integrating the ETrainStation.com with their newly established fansite.
|: Hopefully that will be running early 08.
|: P.S. Sorry for the delay!
|: emma-guest says: Did you wear hats when you were young (you seem to like then and you wear them well)? I've always liked "hat" people, interesting folks.
|: Elliott: Actually, I never used to wear hats. I used to always keep my head pretty much shaved
|: and I have a very small peanut head, so hats never used to look good at me. Now that I've
|: grown my hair out, hats fit me better, they look better, and they're easier to wear. And I've grown accustomed to wearing hats
|: to kind of decoy myself when I go out sometimes.
|: But that never works! HaHaHa!
|: emma-guest says: Do you have any phobias? I'm nervous in traffic, but I think that's realistic - I mean something like fear of spiders or something like that.
|: Elliott: No, no true phobias really. I get a little uneasy in airports sometimes.
|: momzcool-guest says: I love tattoos on guys, Elliott. Will you ever enhance your current tattoo, or get another one?
|: Elliott: I'm thinking about it, but it would have to be something very meaningful and special.
|: I think tattoos have become such a fad and there are so many bad tattoos out there.
|: michelleb-guest says: Any definite plans to work on the Idol Gives Back show in February?
|: Elliott: Actually, yes. We've been invited to possibly go to Angola, Africa and be a part of that segment when they tape for that.
|: And at the same time, do some diabetes work over there. So, we may go over there and kill two birds with one stone in
|: February. I'm hoping and praying that we get the chance and opportunity.
|: I've always wanted to visit Africa.
|: Peyton-guest says: Hey, I heard that you are recording a duet with Katharine McPhee. Is that true? If so, was it fun?
|: Elliott: It's true, we recorded over the summer. It's a song called Real Love, featured on Randy Jackson's
|: compilation album. It was definitely fun, however, we weren't in the studio at the same time. When I
|: recorded my vocals on the song, her vocals were already recorded on it.
|: And, I talked to her recently and I don't think she's even heard the finished version yet.
|: musiklover101-guest says: Hey Elliott! What recent music have you been listening to lately?
|: Elliott: I've been listening to Donald Fagen, his first solo record called The Night Fly.
|: I've been listening to Colbie Collait, a band called Cymandie, and more and less just a lot of older music.
|: guest-Lillian says: Are you going to do another xmas Cd Next Year?
|: Elliott: More than likely, just don't have any details on it just yet.
|: musiklover101-guest says: When have you felt was the most accomplished moment of your career so far?
|: But I certainly want to build on my holiday music catalog.
|: Elliott: Probably I'd have to say, having my first single being a smash hit and accomplishing a Gold record.
|: A Gold record independently.
|: katfanstl-guest says: Elliot do you have a favorite NHL hockey team? Thanks Tom St Louis MO
|: Elliott: No, sorry to say I don't. I've never really followed hockey. Although I've been to a few games, which are really fun.
|: I take that back, my favorite hockey team isn' the Richmond Renegades (East Coast Hockey League)
|: guest-Mal says: Hi! Any guilty pleasure songs you love?
|: Elliott: I can't really think of any. I don't feel guilty about any of the music I listen to.
|: emma-guest says: Do you enjoy NASCAR? Will you be singing at any of the races in Richmond next year?
|: Elliott: I would love to sing at more NASCAR events in the future. I don't really watch NASCAR on TV
|: nor do I follow it. However, I do enjoy being at the race and watching it live, in person. It's an awesome experience.
|: JackieB-guest says: What good books have you read lately?
|: Elliott: I haven't. The last book I read was Tuesday's With Maurie by Mitch Albom, but that was a while ago.
|: Lately I've been sticking to magazines and Internet reading, and reading a lot of contracts.
|: idoletc-guest says: elliott, do you have any pet peeves?
|: Elliott: Take care of your kids! Realize what priorities are important.
|: guest-Leesee says: Hi Elliott, have you been doing any writing while out on the road?
|: Elliott: A little bit, not as much as I'd like to.
|: But I've definitely started some great ideas.
|: I've been writing more music and melodies ideas than lyrics.
|: Rachel-guest says: Saw you on the Bold and the Beautiful. Are there any plans to be in a TV show, movie or on Broadway?
|: Elliott: Possibly all of the above.
|: michelleb-guest says: Will you be appearing on any other people's albums?
|: Elliott: I would love to. I would love to collaborate with different artists, be it rap or hip-hop artists, other R&B artists,
|: contemporary, rock artists. I'm always open to collaborate with any and everybody. I would absolutely love to.
|: peppers-guest says: Do you want to learn how to play a musical instrument and play it while you perform?
|: Elliott: Yes. I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano.
|: guest-Mal says: Hey! Are there any websites that you visit daily?
|: Elliott: Yes: MySpace, CNN, ESPN, and ETrainStation.com
|: Singthejingle1: Thank you for all your questions today! You can learn more about Elliott and get great performance tips from the star at http://www.singthejingle.com. Thanks Elliott!
|: Elliott: Thank you for all the support, all of the comments and questions. I always enjoy talking to my fans. I wish everybody a blessed holiday season,
|: a Happy New Year. And we'll see you all next year.
Back to top Go down
MistyluvsE
Super Mod
Super Mod
MistyluvsE

Female Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Chat Transcript 12-20-2007   Chat Transcript 12-20-2007 Icon_minitime1December 21st 2007, 7:05 pm

Thanks for posting this i had to miss it because i was at Blake Lewis' Homecomming/CD release party wich was amazing!

Dont know what id do without ya!~

Much Love!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/mistydawn3
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

PostSubject: Re: Chat Transcript 12-20-2007   Chat Transcript 12-20-2007 Icon_minitime1December 21st 2007, 8:20 pm

You're welcome!!

And let me just say....that is the best reason to miss chat with Elliott!

You have pictures, right?? I want to meet that man so bad!! I can't wait for his solo tour!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Transcript 12-20-2007   Chat Transcript 12-20-2007 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Chat Transcript 12-20-2007
Page 1 of 1