www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda
Super Mod
Super Mod
Linda

Female Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! Empty
PostSubject: Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!!   Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! Icon_minitime1August 5th 2007, 2:02 pm

posted by Nancy...

Aug 5, 2007 9:28 AM
Subject: Only Elliott! Nice article
Body: http://www.eagletribune.com/punewshh/local_story_217093913?keyword=topstory+page=0

Haverhill to be stage for 'American Idol' Yamin; After near scam, performer agrees to come to city at greatly reduced cost
By Mike LaBella , Staff Writer
Eagle-Tribune

View as a multiple pages
HAVERHILL - The nation is enamored with the cultural phenomenon known as "American Idol," and Haverhill was about to get an up-close look at what all the fuss is about.

Season five third-place contestant Elliot Yamin, who has since become a celebrity in his own right, was scheduled to perform at the Haverhill Rocks! Battle of the Bands on Aug. 18 at Winnekenni Castle.

But there was a problem, and it was a big one.

Yamin didn't know about the gig.

After receiving an anonymous donation of $15,000 to bring a major talent to the city for Haverhill Rocks!, the festival's planning committee began working with an agency whose representative promised to book Yamin. But soon organizers found they had been duped: The agency had no real connections to the singer.

No thanks to the agency, but thanks rather to the initiative of planning committee members and Yamin's own good will, the show will go on.

"I talked to Elliot, and the bottom line is, your town was excited so we wanted to make good and not let anyone down," said Yamin's manager, Monet Corso of Three Ring Project in California, after being contacted by committee members who explained their predicament.

Yamin himself expressed excitement about performing in Haverhill when contacted by The Eagle-Tribune late last week - though he did find it curious that arrangements were being made without his knowledge.

"I think it's pretty funny," said 29-year-old Yamin, who released his debut CD in March, including the track "Wait for You," which has reached No. 4 on national charts, according to his manager.

"Monet said she's been through this before with other clients. I'm just happy to be performing," Yamin said.

Yamin's local fans say they can't believe he's really coming here.

Paige Ouellette, 15, and her friends Cayley Casey, 15, and Emily Lagasse, 16, are all excited about the show.

"I've been watching 'American Idol' since the first season," Paige said. "I think that Elliot could have won and should have won. I hear him on the radio all the time. I love his song "Wait For You." He's different than other singers."

Karen DiPietro, whose son, Matthew, is performing at Haverhill Rocks! with his band, Hysteria, said adding Yamin to the program will be a big draw.

"I think it's cool that he's going to be here," DiPietro said. "I do watch the show and I've seen him. He's very good - a very talented singer."

Haverhill Rocks! organizer Christine McCarron said her talent search committee was fooled by a man who claimed to represent Yamin.

"A member of our team found (the agency) and was making arrangements for him to perform at our festival," McCarron said.

She said her group was negotiating a contract based upon information from the agency that Yamin was within the budget of their $15,000 anonymous donation.

Prior to considering Yamin for the second annual music festival, the group tried James Taylor but found he only performs in venues with at least 18,000 seats and comes with a price tag of $150,000.

They also considered hiring local bands Guster and deSol before stumbling upon the posh agency and its promises to bring an "American Idol" star to the city.

But planners became suspicious when an agency representative made additional demands, such as funds for Yamin and his band's air fare, hotel rooms, meals, and even $200 in liquor. The agent also wanted a $7,000 deposit before issuing a contract, McCarron said.

"This guy represented himself as someone who represented various big-name artists," McCarron said. "He set himself up as a legitimate agent and even gave us a list of people he represents."

When they realized the problem, McCarron's search team located Corso, who told them she'd never heard of the agency and that Yamin was definitely not scheduled to perform in Haverhill.

"I sent a plea to her saying how excited everyone in the community was and how great it would be to have Elliot for our festival," McCarron said.

Corso said the price the agency negotiated was "not feasible," but after talking to Yamin decided to accept McCarron's offer rather than let the city down.

She said her company, Three Ring Projects, has forwarded a cease-and-desist letter to the agency since learning of the situation.

Yamin said he has a special place in his heart for Boston, because it was where he first auditioned for "Idol" two years ago.

"Initially I chose Memphis to try out in, but it was around the time of Hurricane Katrina and they canceled those auditions," Yamin said. "I get a special feeling in Boston as it's where my career started."

Corso said Yamin will likely do a 30-minute acoustic set with backup from his keyboard player and guitarist.

She said he also plans to make himself available for meet-and-greet sessions with VIP ticket holders, to autograph his new CD and be available for photographs.

"He's the kind of artist who loves to work and loves to meet his fans," Corso said.

BOXES

Tickets to Haverhill Rocks!

$5 per person, available online at www.haverhillrocks.com.

$50 VIP pass, includes priority parking, seating, meet-and-greet reception with Elliot Yamin and more.

$75 VIP family pass, includes priority parking, seating, meet-and-greet reception with Elliot Yamin and more.

Haverhill Rocks! performers

"American Idol" Elliot Yamin
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!!   Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! Icon_minitime1August 5th 2007, 2:26 pm

Wow..this is an awesome article and shows he's just a great human being too. Makes me love him even more I love you

Last edited by on August 5th 2007, 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit
Tink
Webmaster
Webmaster
Tink

Female Number of posts : 395

PostSubject: Re: Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!!   Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! Icon_minitime1August 5th 2007, 8:05 pm

He is amazing and so kind !! That is great, I am sure everyone who get's to do will have a good time!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

PostSubject: Re: Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!!   Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! Icon_minitime1August 5th 2007, 8:09 pm

You think? I'm not one of them Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! 581383
Back to top Go down
Tink
Webmaster
Webmaster
Tink

PostSubject: Re: Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!!   Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! Icon_minitime1August 5th 2007, 8:15 pm

Sorry .... I'll bring you a picture .... and video .... and I'll send him your love .... Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! 105919
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

PostSubject: Re: Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!!   Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! Icon_minitime1August 5th 2007, 8:35 pm

I know you will. And you'll call me to so he can say hi...right? If you don't lose your mind while he's in your presence Razz
Back to top Go down
Linda
Super Mod
Super Mod
Linda

Female Number of posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!!   Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! Icon_minitime1August 5th 2007, 9:13 pm

Mind?..Tink with a mind? Now THAT'S a scary thought!!!! javascript:emoticonp('Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! 78342')

We'll call ya Angie and the techie dorks will return with prizes
javascript:emoticonp('Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! 747610')
Back to top Go down
Tink
Webmaster
Webmaster
Tink

PostSubject: Re: Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!!   Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! Icon_minitime1August 6th 2007, 2:58 pm

Mind?? I do so .... I think Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! 940198

Will bring home the baccon though ......
Can I bring E home?? I am just keeping
him though 4 ever and ever and ever!! Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! 779523
Because I have Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! 29953

Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! 534172
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!!   Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Haverhill, Mass concert mixup made good by E!!!
Page 1 of 1