www.yamin-it.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan owned and operated website and forum

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intro To The Show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Intro To The Show Empty
PostSubject: Intro To The Show   Intro To The Show Icon_minitime1October 17th 2007, 11:21 pm

Intro To The Show 202658 Hello everyone and welcome to this new section. I have already posted this info over on 2 other sites but thought I would give you a rundown of the judges and the host of this new show in case you missed the info on the other sites.

The show premieres October 19th and basically has the same set-up as American Idol in which their are 3 judges, a host, auditions, narrowing down to the top 10 and of course our votes for the best band. And away we go to introduce our cast.

Intro To The Show 557821 Our first judge is John Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls. As the lead singer of this band they have had a very impressive career with sales of 10 million records worldwide and having 14 songs placing in the Top 10. The song "Iris" was a notable one from the movie "City Of Angels" as well as many others. They have been nominated 4 times for Grammies and in the future have 2 albums coming out. "Greatest Hits Vol. 1 - The Singles" will be released in November 2007 followed by a rareties collection in early 2008. Intro To The Show 80358

Judge number 2 is Sheila E who is a legendary percussionist and performer. This compelling force in the music industry has performed with many different artists which include Herbie Hancock, Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross and Lionel Richie among others. Being a protege of the fabulous Prince she was catapulted into pop superstardom with the hits "The Glamourous Life" and " A Love Bizarre". She has been a musical director for many artists which include Beyonce and of course Prince. Along with her heavy charity involvements she is currently touring with her latest project C.O.E.D. (Chronicles of Every Diva) which will have a new record release in the future. Intro To The Show 540629

Our Simon Cowell clone is judge number 3 in the form of Ian Dickson who is a 20 year veteran in the record industry. Originally from England he began his career as a press and promotions manager at the independent label Creation Records being responsible for the groups Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine and most famously Oasis. Some of the many artists he has worked with include LL Cool J, Michael Bolton, Pearl Jam, Ozzy Osbourne and Celine Dion among others. Currently known as the "bawdy" judge on the Australian American Idol he has garnered awards for "Fave Old Fart" and "Fave Meanie" from the Australian Nickelodeon. Intro To The Show 816353 This should give you some idea what we are up against with him.

Although a new face to the American viewers our host Dominic Bowden has been at the forefront of television in New Zealand. He hosts his own radio show and has become a household name as the host of the New Zealand version of American Idol. He has also hosted many major television events in New Zealand and has appeared in several feature films and television series over there. Razz Does this remind you of anyone?

Well, there you have it. I will be giving re-caps each week of the show and I look forward to seeing many of you giving your comments.

Until next time, take care! Very Happy

Intro To The Show 502784
Back to top Go down
Angie
Webmaster
Webmaster
Angie

Female Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-08-04

Intro To The Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro To The Show   Intro To The Show Icon_minitime1October 18th 2007, 10:25 am

Thank you so much CC (do you mind if I call you that LOL)!

Stuff I didn't know. Sheila E I've known about her since forever since she's been with Prince, and John Rzeznik Intro To The Show 557821 I love him!

I'm looking forward to your recaps and the show!!

Intro To The Show 608809
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/yaminit
concertcris
Yamin It Member
Yamin It Member
concertcris

Female Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-08-10

Intro To The Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro To The Show   Intro To The Show Icon_minitime1October 18th 2007, 6:52 pm

Angie wrote:
Thank you so much CC (do you mind if I call you that LOL)!

Stuff I didn't know. Sheila E I've known about her since forever since she's been with Prince, and John Rzeznik Intro To The Show 557821 I love him!

I'm looking forward to your recaps and the show!!

Intro To The Show 608809

Very Happy No problemo calling me CC. I like the nickname even though my full first name is Crystal but inherited the moniker concertcris because I have been to so many concerts. My kids call me the teenager because of this. Sometimes they are just too old for me! Laughing

Until next time, take care! Intro To The Show 784724
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Intro To The Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intro To The Show   Intro To The Show Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Intro To The Show
Page 1 of 1